The main objective of Life+Respira is to demonstrate that it is possible to reduce the levels of air pollution exposure pedestrians and cyclists suffer by:
THE IMPLEMENTATION OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES
SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY MANAGING
To achieve these objectives the project expects to:Quantify the polluting substances that affect urban cyclists
- Verify the efficiency of the implementation of new technologies in real conditions.
- Demonstrate that the urban planning systems contribute to reducing the polluting substances.
- Develop a mathematical model that allows control of air quality.
- Create a tool that allows the elaboration of maps that show the distribution of polluting substance distribution.
- Develop a cycling route-planner for healthier routes.
- Evaluate the environmental, social and economic benefits of the use of bicycles as a means of urban transit.
- Involve citizens in the project.
- Promote initiatives that favor a healthier environment.
- Promote jobs related to the safeguarding of air quality improvement in cities.